Too many people often overload their rucksacks with different things. Over time, I hear and read on forums about back pain and other troubles after wearing such accessories. However, a bag can be our helper, especially when hitchhiking. Personal belongings or equipment will not go anywhere. How much weight can a normal backpack hold? In this article, I give the answer and useful advice on how to distribute the weight properly.
How Much Weight Can a Backpack Hold?
As far as you probably understand, there are different models and brands of knapsacks. Each has its sizes or volumes. I cannot give you an exact answer to the question of the topic. It all depends on the type, model, etc. Besides, a person’s weight also affects allowable load.
Today, you can find a specialized backpack weight calculator on the Internet. It will help calculate the ratio of your weight to the possible load. You may select the preferable knapsack with back support and the right size. I can still give approximate capacity parameters according to the proportions of the average model. I made a dimensional and weight chart with these parameters.
|Height||17 – 19”|
|Width||11 – 13”|
|Weight||30 pounds (13 kg)|
|Volume||40 – 50L|
Once, my friend asked me, ‘how much weight can a Jansport backpack hold’? I know that a weight of 20-30 lbs is normal. I often carry such a backpack to the store for shopping. My friend bought it for his son. He loaded it with books completely because he needed a school backpack. I wonder to myself, how did his son cope with such a burden? How’s his back? Didn’t he hurt it? The gear was strong and didn’t break. Besides, the boy is quite bulky. He did not cause significant damage by this weight.
So, a 40l backpack with a total weight of 13 kg is suitable for people weighing at least 65-70 kg. It can be too hard for people with less weight. The great load will have a bad effect on the back. If you are going to travel for a few days, then such a bag can be comfy.
How to Properly Distribute the Weight in Bag
If your 5e backpack is too loaded and heavy, it will hurt your back. You may feel back pain. Therefore, everyone should have an idea of the correct packaging of things. Even the lightweight of all items can cause discomfort after wearing. Having decided on all the necessary items, pay attention to the backpack weight distribution. Read some of my tips-rules:
- Inside the knapsack, you may see rubber bands or compartments. So, stack things tightly and in order. I don’t think you’ll like looking for one thing for half an hour without knowing where it is.
- Store your electronic devices and paper documents in a bag to protect them from water. Thus, you’ll be safe to carry in a backpack all your valuables during the rain.
- Tighten all straps so that you do not feel discomfort and constantly tossing things from side to side.
- Each rucksack has certain pockets on the outside. They have a purpose for reserving water, a sandwich, or a handkerchief there. That is, all essentials must be at hand.
- Can a backpack carry more of its weight? Yes. You can attach a tent, mat, and other things with cords on the outside. It will reduce the load on your rucksack and will be with you.
If you are going on a long trip, with an overnight stay, then think. What do you need during the day and at night? Put everything accordingly to your wishes. With a certain weight limit for your bag, take a bungee cord. They help in different situations. Sometimes, we can’t put everything we need. We can tie all big things with a rope.
How to Properly Get Rid Of Excess Cargo in Backpack
Backpacks with different weight capacities are popular today. People can put a lot of things in it when they go on a trip. But are they all needed? Sometimes, when we get home, we notice items that we haven’t even used, right? How do we learn to place the most benefit in a rucksack? No matter how much does a backpack weighs, we can cast out unnecessary things. They create an excess weight that causes back pain.
- Get rid of unnecessary rubbish. Think about what you can do without.
- Take light clothes. In winter, synthetics are better instead of wool and cotton.
- Emphasize aluminum or plastic utensils, plastic bottles.
- Take fewer cosmetics, a minimum of detergents such as shampoos and gels. Prefer disposable packages.
The basic rule is to think carefully about whether you need this or that item. You ask, ‘is a 30l backpack big enough for a trip on several days?’ I say ‘yes’. The rucksacks of medium size are most practical for me. I love tourism, but as you know, pulling a bunch of extra pounds is difficult.
A good knapsack has become a part of accessories among many people. Everyone can get lost among a large number of models, brands, sizes, right? A common question is about weight. How much weight can an average backpack hold? According to my observations and reviews, I determined the approximate middle. I often utilize a rucksack that holds about 37 liters. You can fill it only half and vice versa completely according to your needs, height, and weight.